Week 5 WorkSheet
Answer the following questions.
1. Bold the law that correctly defines the Son of Sam law.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
a. Legislation that prohibits criminals from contacting their victims or their victims’ families
b. A law that prohibits a parent from testifying against his or her son
c. Legislated rules prohibiting criminals from profiting from their crimes through sales or publications of their stories to or through the media
d. Laws that prohibit the press from releasing details of a pending case
2. Identify two victim resources available locally and nationally. Include the organization’s name and website, and a summary of their services.
3. The ______________ Amendment states that excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
4. This program was conceived in 1929 by the International Association of Chiefs of Police to meet a need for reliable statistics on crime in the nation. The program is now handled by the FBI. Bold the correct answer.
a. Crime Statistics Bureau
b. Uniform Crime Reporting
c. Statistics and Crime Unit
d. The Program for Criminal Statistics
5. What termrefers to problems that follow from the initial victimization, such as the loss of employment or inability to pay medical bills? __________________________________
6. Where did victim-impact statements originate? Why were victim-impact statements granted?
7. Locate a case that involves mitigating factors. Cite the case and explain why the case had mitigating factors.
8. Explain three-strikes legislation and include an example case summary. Include a reference for the case.
9. How many U.S. states currently use capital punishment?What forms of capital punishment are used?
10. What is the relationship between the Eighth Amendment and capital punishment?
11. __________________________is an attempt to make the criminal whole again and uses the restorative justice sentencing model.
12. List three possible forms of court-ordered restitution:
13. ___________________ stem from prejudices against one’s race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical disability, or mental disability.
14. Define the following:
b. Rehabilitation and restoration:
c. Concurrent and consecutive sentencing:
d. Plea bargaining:
e. Intermediate sanctions: