Supply Chain & Logistics – Criteria to Consider
Instructor Comments – Please FOLLOW.
Our next assignment is an Individual Project (IP)
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
The heart of the PowerPoint should be an overview of the steps that are needed to make a good location decision, whether it is for an additional manufacturing facility in some other state or country, or a new distribution center location in another state or country.
Use a colored background for your slides
Have few words but lots of eye-catching graphics, clip art, or pictures on each slide
Have speaker notes of 100–200 words for each slide
Assume the presentation should last 30–45 minutes and should have 15–17 slides
You are selecting a mass merchandiser that has multiple USA locations and international locations too. Consider the big box retailers such as Walmart for this assignment or any other retailer that has multiple USA locations and an overseas presence.
Your presentation is based on the following 7 facts:
1. The retailer has 200 retail locations all over the United States.
2. Right now, all shipments come from the East Coast manufacturing plant finished goods warehouse.
3. Western United States sales growth rates are expected to be double that of the Eastern United States.
4. The retailer has a total of 50 stores located outside of the United States, mostly in Europe, where population growth is averaging 1% a year.
5. It has no retail locations in India, China, or Mexico, where on average, population growth is averaging 10% into the future.
6. Your product is a “high-cube” product, like a refrigerator or color television.
7. The raw materials for your manufacturing facility are also high-cube and have a lot of cardboard packaging (which takes up space) to protect the high-dollar value components that the factory buys.
Finally, the CEO reminds you that this presentation is meant to be a how-to guide for the overall decision-making process that you will be using in your future assignments.
· Given these facts, what do you recommend and why?
· Remember that you are offering the steps to follow for this location decision.
Here is what you need to do:
- List and describe at least 12 steps
- Each of the steps are fully explained to include how they are integrated with each other.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of systems thinking.
- Be sure to label each of your steps.
- Feel free to offer more than 12 steps if needed.
- Remember that in PowerPoint presentations the bulk of your words are listed in the slide notes portion and the requirement is for 100-200 words per slide in the notes section.
- Also keep in mind that you are considered the “expert” in this presentation; that is, YOU are the presenter standing in front of the audience.
- You are telling the audience what your recommended plan is for a new location along with why you believe as you do.
- You are NOT asking for their advice; they are relying upon you to explain what you are proposing and why.
- In other words do NOT make the mistake of asking them what needs to be done or what their thoughts are on the matter.
- You are telling them what needs to be done and why.
- You are the expert on location decisions.