PROJECT MANAGEMENT: A Relocation Project
Project: Your job at Shosheam Logistics located in Denver, Colorado requires you (and family) to move to Thailand in 6-months’ time.
Part 1 – Project Scheduling
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
1. Using MS Project develop a Gantt chart with the activities necessary to accomplish the move project and order the activities in a precedence (logical sequential) manner.
2. Explain and describe (in writing) the number of tasks/activities you have outlined and the order in which you have placed the tasks/activities for project completion.
Part 2 – Monitor, Organize, Analyze
3. Develop an estimation chart showing each activity, the preceding activity required, and associated costs, with a 3 months, 4.5 months, and 6 months scenario.
4. Compare the costs of crashing the project from a 6-month timeline into a 4.5-month timeline:
a) Explain and defend (in writing) the pros/cons of crashing the project schedule.
b) What is the impact on personnel and resources to crashing the project?
c) What are the associated risks of crashing the project and how will you manage the risks?
Part 3 – Project Control and Closeout
5. Explain and defend the processes and procedures you suggest for closing the project. Include the handoffs, benefits, and lag required to begin operation at your new location.
6. Your assessment should be well structured. Make good use of bulleted lists, numbered lists, and tables to further provide structure and clearly communicate information.
The paper must be submitted in a single document of 7-10 pages in length, without the title and reference pages. Include at least five supportive references. These must be cited and integrated into your paper. These are expected to provide information and support for assertions made in your writing. Thoroughly proofread and grammar-check your final draft.