Resolving Ethical Business Challenges: Elaine
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
Read “Resolving Ethical Business Challenges” in Chapter 6 of your text, and then address the following points. Support your response with evidence from the text.
• Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each decision that Elaine has made.
• What are the ethical and legal considerations facing Elaine, Dennis, and UBC?
• Discuss the moral philosophies that may be relevant to this situation.
• Discuss the implications of each decision that Elaine could make.
Ethical Decision Making and Ethical Leadership
An employee working in customer service at a large company arrives at her desk and finds a package from a customer she recently spoke with. Inside is a gift card for $50 to an expensive restaurant to thank her for her assistance, which ultimately saved the customer money. She remembers that the company has a code of conduct policy against accepting gifts from customers, but she thinks that it may only pertain to gifts of a larger amount. Unsure what to do, she reaches out to a leader in the department for insight.
In your discussion post complete the following:
• Choose a stage from the Kohlberg Model and construct an email response from the business leader in response to this dilemma. Make sure the response reflects the characteristics of the chosen stage from the Kohlberg model.
• After composing the email, predict how that leader’s approach to business ethics might impact the organizational culture.
• Describe how the leader’s decision and advice to you regarding this issue might change over time.
Friends of Angelo
Watch the “Countrywide Financial Fraud” video. Describe how leadership impacted ethical decisions in Countrywide Financial, particularly in reference to the “Friends of Angelo” program. What are the societal and stakeholder implications?
Ethical and Moral Philosophies
There are many moral philosophies that impact decision- making, which are defined in Chapter 6 of your text.
With these philosophies in mind, complete the following in a three to five page paper:
• Define and discuss philosophies’ application to business.
• Illustrate how moral philosophies can influence behavior and decision-making.
• Explain how moral philosophies may impact global strategic planning.
• Describe how companies can integrate moral philosophies into their business practices.
• Find an example of a company that has integrated moral philosophy into decision-making and codes of conduct and explain how they have done so.