Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
Case study analysis for Ms. Breene, presented to Emergency department with symptoms of confusion and in unresponsive state. In the emergency room she was diagnosed with a myocardial infarction. Evidence of elevated cardiac markers and EKG changes confirmed the diagnosis of MI.
The patient was prescribed oxygen by mask, anticoagulants, a thrombolytic, analgesics and a bronchodilator.
Initial treatment for an MI is generally
In the case of Ms. Breene the treatment:
- Oxygen was correct treatment due to the ischemic changes patient was experiencing.
- Anticoagulant was also correct this class of drug helps to prevent blood clots. They are commonly used in patients with atherosclerosis of the arteries, atrial fibrillation, and acute coronary syndrome.
- Thrombolytic treat also correct for Ms. Breene, this class of drug is used to break apart a blood clot once it has formed.
- Analgesic treatment was right and this medication classification is the aspirin used for Ms. Breene. Salicylate analgesic drugs have three therapeutic effects as an analgesic, anti- inflammatory and antipyretic.
- Bronchodilator treatment was incorrect for this patient. This medication classification is used for respiratory conditions, such as asthma, COPD.
The drug classifications I would recommend are:
- Thrombolytic drugs are medicines that may be utilizedfor the emergency treatment of an ischemic stroke (a stroke caused by a blood clot), a heart attack (myocardial infarction), or a massive pulmonary embolism (PE). The generic name for one of these medications is Alteplase.
- Anticoagulants are usually used to treat conditions with a high risk of blood clots such as atrial fibrillation, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), myocardial infarction (heart attack), pulmonary embolism, and stroke. A generic name for one of these medications is Enoxaparin.
- Analgesics are,Aspirin is used to treat pain, and reduce fever or inflammation. It is sometimes used to treat or prevent heart attacks, strokes, and chest pain.