Case Study 4: Bin Laden
Due Week 8 and worth 50 points
In May 2011, President Obama held a press conference to inform the nation that Osama Bin Laden had been killed and his body seized by U.S. Armed forces. In some minds, this event provided justice for the attacks of 9/11; for others, the fear of threat increased. Review the post-event speeches by President Obama, located athttp://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/05/02/remarks-president-osama-bin-laden, and CIA Director Leon Panetta, located at https://www.cia.gov/news-information/press-releases-statements/press-release-2011/justice-done.html.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
- Explain in your own words the message of each speech in terms of the future.
- Analyze each speech to consider whether it was one of victory or one of realized risk.
- Determine whether you think the killing of Bin Laden has lowered or raised the fear of terrorism in most U.S. citizens.
- Give two (2) examples illustrating how killing Bin Laden has affected al Qaeda.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast terrorism, terrorist groups, organized crime, and their financing activities and practices.
- Analyze the role of intelligence and counterterrorism activities among federal agencies.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in homeland security.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to Homeland Security Organization and Administration using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.