- Expatriate Pay- Due Wednesday
Evaluate the following methods for establishing base pay in international assignments: home country-based pay, headquarters-based pay, and host country-based pay. Include within your discussion the strengths and weaknesses of each method and factors that should be considered when determining the appropriate international pay strategy. How should organizations balance host-country income tax differentials? How do compensation plans affect employees’ willingness to accept foreign assignments? Respond to at least two of your fellow students’ postings.
- Compensation in Other Countries
Select one country whose pay and benefits practices are discussed in chapter 15 and compare them to pay and benefits practices used in the United States. Include in your discussion how these practices are similar and how they are different. Respond to at least two of your fellow students’ postings.
Assignment – Due Sunday
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
With instructor approval, students will select an organization that either has or is experiencing challenges with its compensation and benefit system. The student will provided a brief historical view of the organization, an assessment of their current challenge, a review of other organizations who had a similar situation and the strategy they devised to address the issue, theories and strategies that should be contemplated to address the situation and, finally, a recommendation to management on how to address/resolve the situation. Importantly, the student should ensure any recommendations are based on solid research and analysis and reflect a comprehensive solution to the problem.
The research paper should integrate items discussed in class, textbook material, and additional information gathered from secondary or primary sources. A minimum of eight credible sources (other than the course textbook) should be used to develop your final project paper. Research topics must be reviewed in advance with the instructor.
Writing the Compensation and Benefits PaperThese papers are to reflect the current “state of the art” in the area and should reflect both academic and professional (practical) orientations. Your final paper should be eight- to ten- double-spaced pages in length (exclusive of Appendix, References, Exhibits, etc.) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide. This final paper should review the available research, discuss the implications of that research for the topic area, and provide conclusions. The paper should be organized into the following areas:
- Introduction: The area of research should be described and the purpose of the research. That is, describe the topic area in terms of (1) its relationship the topic and (2) what you want to be able to contribute to the training literature by writing this paper. Your introduction must include a succinct thesis statement.
- Review of the literature: Organize the literature into logical streams of thought related to your topic area. Within each of these areas summarize what the literature has to say. Be sure to indicate in your discussion whether the information is based on empirical data or analysis of the author.
- Implications of the literature: Again, organize the implications of the literature in a manner that logically builds the case for your conclusions (which you will present in the next section). For each of your implications be sure to reference the literature related to that implication. Be sure to indicate whether the implication is one that has already been made in the literature or if this is one that is original to you through your own analysis. You should identify in this section important areas related to your topic that are missing from the literature. As appropriate within a business report, it is important to use section headings to organize your key points.
- Conclusions: This is where you tie all the pieces together. Make sure your conclusions are organized in a logical order that synthesizes your major points relative to the purpose of your paper. Be sure that your conclusions are justified and have credible support. Inspire your audience to think about the practical application of your topic. Remember, this is the last thing you are leaving with your reader so make the context of your message clear, communicate the impact of your topic, and leave a lasting impression.