1)Leaders and managers often have to deliver unpleasant or difficult information to other employees or other internal or external stakeholders. How well this news is delivered can affect employee relations as well as public perceptions.
Review the following scenario:
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
A new company claims it manufactures the best dog food in the market. It employs around 250 people worldwide. After six months in business, one of the company’s brands is found to contain harmful bacteria. Overnight, reports start pouring in from all over the country about pets falling sick, some critically. The company wants to communicate with its stakeholders through a memo before major news channels start to cover the disease.
Assume that you are an assistant to the company’s chairperson. Based on your analysis of the scenario and using the tips you learned in this module, draft two memos for the chairperson. One memo should address the board of directors and the other the company’s employees.
Make assumptions about whether it is the food product that has bacteria or if there is another explanation for the pets’ sickness.
Write a 1–2-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.doc.
2)When communicating within the context of a meeting, leaders and managers always must be mindful the strengths and drawbacks of meetings. Knowing how to design, develop, and shape your messages is important.
Review the following scenario:
You have been selected to address the quarterly meeting of your company’s board of directors. You will be delivering negative updates that include low profits, pending lawsuits, and high employee turnover. The members of your board of directors are dispersed across the country.
Based on your analysis of the scenario and the meeting design practices covered in this module, address the following:
- What measures will you take to ensure that you achieve the purpose of the meeting?
- List and briefly explain the rationale for using the practices that you will adopt to ensure that the meeting proceeds smoothly and productively.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Information for this last post is below
Leadership must be clearly defined—regardless of the size of the audience—to ensure that meetings and discussions are effective and productive. Effective leaders can guide discussions, motivate participants, and mediate conflicting viewpoints. They also possess well-developed interpersonal communication skills that foster credibility and respect.
Additionally, effective leaders facilitate productive and healthy exchange of information, help participants identify problems, and develop plausible solutions.
As a leader, you should keep meeting participants focused on the topics, issues, and tasks at hand. You can use audience feedback to facilitate meaningful debates and discussions.
You can plan effective meetings by keeping in mind the following:
- Define the objective and goals of the meeting and communicate them clearly to the target audience. Establishing objectives and goals makes it easier to measure a meeting’s success.
- Identify and include only stakeholders to keep the meeting focused.
- Develop and distribute the agenda well in advance of the meeting. This helps participants prepare for the meeting and keeps the discussion focused.
- Ensure that you address logistical matters well ahead of time. For example, for off-site meetings, make arrangements for accommodation and transport. You should be sure that meetings have appropriate seating, technology, temperature, lighting, acoustics, and refreshments available.
It is important to document meetings and discussions so that attendees and other stakeholders can easily recall the focus and outcomes of a meeting.
You can document meetings through the following methods: