For this assignment you will apply a job evaluation method to a position you choose. Exhibit 5.15 ( Job Evaluation Form) in your text offers a sample job evaluation form for a bookstore manager. Complete the following:
- Select a position to evaluate. Please note that the position needs to have direct reports and needs to report to someone as well, because you will also be evaluating the position above and below the position you select. This position can be your own, or one with which you are familiar, and you can use one of your examples from the Unit 3 assignment if it meets the criteria.
- Following the form provided in the text, identify the job at the top of the form and give a one-sentence description of the job responsibility in context of the business.
- Describe the business in one sentence.
- Of the four compensable factors used in Exhibit 5.15, assign a weighting to each for your chosen job.
- Evaluate the relative degree for each on a scale of 1 to 5. Prepare a table similar to the one in your text.
- Repeat this analysis for the next level above and below your evaluated position.
- In a paragraph, describe how much variance you see between the three positions.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
Milkovich, G. T., Newman, J. M., & Gerhart, B. (2013). Compensation (11th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.