The “Self” and Communication
In Chapter 2 of your text, Bevan & Sole (2014) lay out many psychological concepts concerning the “self.” These key elements of human psychology are central to how we communicate with ourselves (intrapersonal communication) and others (interpersonal communication).
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
Prepare: ;As you prepare to write your discussion for this topic, take a few moments to do the following:
- Read the ;writing prompt below in its entirety. Note that there are four tasks to complete.
- Define self-concept.
- Define self-image.
- Define self-esteem.
- Reflect on how one of these has impacted your interpersonal communication.
- Review Chapter 2 in your text. ;
- Focus on the segments of the book on self-concept, self-image, and self-esteem.
- Review the grading rubric and note that 25% of your grade is based on your application of course material (Content/Subject Knowledge) and 25% is based on your ability to demonstrate you are thinking critically and presenting original ideas.
Reflect: ;Take time to reflect on how your self-concept, self-image, or self-esteem have affected the way you communicate with others and, perhaps, how you believe others respond to you.
Write: ;Based on the information in Chapter 2:
- Define self-concept, self-image, and self-esteem. Write at least two sentences on each term.
- Provide an example of how your “self-concept,” “self-image,” or “self-esteem” has affected your interpersonal communication. ;
- Use specific examples to illustrate your point. ;
- Use the text to support your points about the relationship between psychology and communication and for your definitions of the three key terms.
Thoroughly address all four elements of this prompt. ; Consider copying and pasting these tasks into a word file and addressing each of them separately.
Your initial response should be 200-300 words in length and is due by Thursday, Day 3.
Bevan, J. L., & Sole, K. (2014). ;
Making connections: Understanding interpersonal communication ;(2nd ed.). San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc. ;